Michael Serwetz BIO 2023
* Leadership positions in retail, marketing, merchandising, design and sourcing; more than 30 countries around the globe since 1970.
* Retail at Federated Department Stores where, as a buyer, he developed many new items, pricing and promotional strategies, as well as creating a new denim department.
* At Levi Strauss, he was the youngest ever promoted to General Merchandise Manager of Womenswear, $300million business, first Women’s 501 in Levi’s history.
* Joe Boxer, worked with Nick Graham to start and operate one of the most iconic brands in global textile history, grew from $15 million to greater than $70 million
* GoldToe Moretz, he opened offices in Asia >$100 million FOB profitable international business, reducing cost of operations from >5% to 1.5%
* Lived in Hong Kong and Shanghai for 10 years, operating his own WFOE (Wholly Owned Foreign Enterprise, sourcing and marketing varied products for clients in US, Brazil and MEA.
* I, sourcerer- Industry consultant, Blogger and teacher
* Founder and Shirt Artisan- Lotus & Michael- The Art of Shirts- A LUXURY BRAND- Original, high quality Shirts for Men & Women (equally)
* Blog URL: www.isourcerer.com
* LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/isourcerer
EDUCATION AND TEACHING:
* Bachelor’s Degree from Brooklyn College of CUNY, American History.
* Master of Arts from Dominican University of California in International Political and Economic Assessment (Pacific Basin).
* Adjunct professor Dominican University of California, teaching MBA courses (Macroeconomics, Political Science) on site in Wuxi, China in 1990, living in dorm with students for 6 months;
* Has created his own style of teaching, passionate about neuromarketing and storytelling, sharing some of the knowledge and experience he has gained over his career and in recent years as a university instructor to students (and learning from them;
* Particularly created a comfortable connection with international students since he has lived and traveled around the globe (more than likely to where they are from), since 1970;
Courses Taught and Teaching:
* Campus Online Community College Program- Instructor, beginning Fall 2023- http://campus.edu; Groundbreaking program devoted to access, affordability and quality support for any student; populated by top-notch professors from premier universities. A new paradigm for education- where teachers and students are both important.
* NYU SPS (School of Professional Studies- Division of Programs in Business (Graduate), Competitive Strategy (Spring 2019, Spring 2020, Spring 2022); Operations Strategy (Fall 2021, Spring 2022, Fall 2022, Spring 2023, Fall 2023); CRM the Experience (Fall 2022, Spring 2023); Internship (Summer 2023); Transforming Organizations (Summer 2022, Summer 2023); Strategic Marketing (Fall 2022); Global Luxury Marketing Partnership program with SKEMA Paris (Fall 2021); Undergraduate DAUS- Digital Marketing (Spring 2019, Spring2020, Spring 2021, Spring 2022), Customer Relationship Management (Fall 2019, Fall 2020, Fall 2021);
* FIT- Global Marketing (Spring 2018), International Business Transactions (Fall 2018, Spring 2020, Fall 2020, Fall 2021), Global Sourcing for Stylists (Spring 2021); Precollege Global Marketing (Summer 2021)
* Baruch College of CUNY CAPS (Continuing and Professional Studies)- Leadership Skills for the Fashion Industry (INSEEC Paris Fall 2018), Global Marketing (Spring 2019, Summer 2019, Fall 2019, Summer 2021, Fall 2021, Spring 2022); Introduction to Customer Relationship Management (ISG France Spring 2019, Fall 2019); Digital Marketing for the Fashion Industry, Luxury and the Arts (ISG France- Spring 2021), Integrated Marketing and Social Media Strategies (INSEEC Paris-Fall 2021)
• Passionate home cook and foodie; living in Trenton NJ where he and his wife can enjoy their home, garden and vegetables.
• Author of two books: “Travels With Mikey: Global Life of a Business Foodie,” “The Culture Factor: Understanding the Plain Truth About US-China Relations;" Working on a marketing non-textbook, "The Way of the Unicorn" to be completed soon.